- Exclusive bump handle activates the mechanism causing the Flex-Tubes to instantly and uniformly clean themselves of dirt and filter powder
- Self-venting design automatically expels any air that may be present in the system
- Proven, patented Flex-Tube filter elements efficiently reuse the filter powder and dirt mixture forming a fresh filtering surface
- Combination pressure gauge and threaded inspection/service port is easy to read and remove when filter needs cleaning
- Heavy-duty filter tank injection-molded of high-strength glass filled chemically coupled PPL for dependable, corrosion-free performance
- Integral check valve prevents system backflow whenever pump is off
D.E. Required: 7lbs
The EC75A is most efficient on In-ground pools 18x36 to 30x50 or 23,000 to 45,000 gallons.
The Perflex EC75A uses diatomaceous earth filter powder which will remove particles as small as two to five microns, including dust and pollen.
Unfiltered water enters through the bottom connection in the filter tank, flows upward through the Flex-Tubes and returns to the pool via the outlet in the filter head.
When the filter is initially started, diatomite filter powder is fed into the system.
As water passes through the Flex-tubes, the filter powder is automatically deposited on the outside of the Flex-tubes, forming the working "filter surface."
Eventually, the accumulated dirt causes the filter pressure to rise and flow to diminish.
Simply activate the Perflex "Bump" handle and within a minute, flow and pressure are back to normal.
Diatomaceous earth is a porous powder with microscopic openings that when magnified look like tiny sponges. Clear water can pass through these openings, but particles, as small as two to five microns, are trapped during the first pass through the media. D.E. filters have internal elements that become coated with D.E. It is this 'filter cake' that strains dirt, dust and algae from the water.
Similar to sand filters, when D.E. filters become dirty, they are cleaned either by backwashing, or regenerating and draining the clogged D.E. to the 'waste' line. To restore filtration, a fresh 'charge' of D.E. is added to the filter through the skimmer while your pump is running. For sparkling, clean pools; step up to Hayward D.E. filters.